28 October 2009

Jacqueline + Joe

On New Years Day 2009, I posted on Craigslist about wanting to get my foot in the door with wedding photography. My first bride that booked me was Jacqueline, whose wedding was in August. I knew we were going to work beautifully together. I met her in Austin and she was with her mother, sister, and her sister's children. She and her family was so absolutely sweet, and she was genuinely interested in booking me in order to not only get her wedding documented with photos, but to help me with my portfolio! She and her family was just so great!

I didn't meet her fiance (now husband), Joe, until the day before the wedding, but everything was cake! They weren't from Austin, but Jackie and her family were happy to meet me there!
They both attended UT, and Jackie's parents both work at UT, so they had their service at the University Church and their reception at the ballroom on campus!

I had to get so many photos of these flowers - they were beautiful!!


While the ladies were getting ready upstairs, the guys were downstairs playing pool and this little one was playing checkers with Grandpa!


Joe told me that they have been together for five years! So, I took Jackie's engagement ring and snapped this shot! :)


Married!!! On to the party!



The reception, like I said, was also on campus so everyone just walked right on over there!

Joe is a musician, and had a very good reason why his guitar was there at the reception! ;)

Joe, his best man, a good friend, and HIS MOTHER played as the band at Joe and Jackie's reception! I loved it, because it was so personal and great! Fun fact: my father and his band played at his and my mother's wedding!



I had such a great time at this wedding! Everyone was dancing, dining, having fun! It was just great!! The family and friends were all so wonderful and beautiful! I want to thank Jackie and Joe and your families for having me document your wedding day! Best wishes to your future!

xoxo

No comments:

Follow on Twitter!