18 April 2009

Ring of Photographers

You know what? I really love photographers.
I'm not just saying that because I am one, either!
It's because we (for the most part) are all just so genuinely sweet!

Take, for instance, Jamie Maldonado.
A swell photographer (working mainly with some of the most AMAZING indie bands I've ever heard - his promo shoots are fantastic [this photo of Now Now, Every Children is one of my all time favourites! Jamie is how I even got into loving that band]), but even sweller (?) guy!
No, I've never met him in person; but based on his blog, MySpace, and other online endeavours he seems like an all around great guy! Extremely knowledgeable when it comes to technical games of photography and gear; well liked by all!
Jamie is following me on Twitter now, and I'm happy about that! He offers good advice and answers to any questions I (and anyone) may have with photography. His advice is offered in a sweet way not unlike your favourite elementary school teacher when teaching you how to multiply double digit numbers or draw a c
at out of the letter 'O.'
Be sure to check him out!

Another great and sweet photographer is Austin's own Leah Muse.
I have actually had the great fortune of meeting this kind lady! She took photos of my boyfriend and myself for our four year anniversary! She was so fun and friendly! She is such an amazing photographer - self taught from what I unders
tand! Her wedding photography is so stylish, fun, and beautiful and her fashion photography is incredibly chic! She got into wedding photography last year and blew up in the business working with Whitney Lee Photography. She was so sweet that when I started advertising on Craigslist and getting wedding inquiries (this was before I was a wedding photographer), she offered to have me be her assistant so I could get a feel for weddings! How sweet, right?! She has had her share of working with bands, too! She is the photographer to her husband's (Taylor Muse) band Quiet Company! Leah's photography is all just so refreshing and aesthetically pleasing! She and Taylor are expecting their first child (a daughter) and I know that the photos of that baby are going to be so amazing and frequent! Everyone will love it all! That girl will have some of the absolute baby photos that anyone's ever known - I'm sure she'll be dying to show her first boyfriend her baby pictures! hahaha well maybe not, because who would? But at least her photos will be phenomenal! 
Also be sure to check out Leah's work. The link I gave is her public blog, where she posts a lot of funny things and photos. You can check out her photography here! You don't want to miss out on her!

I hope one day that I can be at the level that these two and many other photographers are at and I hope to possess the skills that they all have! We're all just a slew of great, kind, fun(ny) people! I'll post more photographers that are amazing at taking photos and at being great people soon!!

That's all for now.
Sorry no photos!
Oh wait!


This is my first attempt at split toning. 
This is Josh, because he likes having his pictures taken by me...and he's one of the only people that lets me take his picture on a whim.

1 comment:

Jamie Maldonado said...

Aww, thank you! Very cool. :)

I've met Leah, and she has really grown to be an awesome photographer. And her husband's band is so freakin' good live. ha ha.

That looks like a great first attempt at split toning! I love those sunset photos below, too. Isn't that absolutely the best time to shoot ever?

Anyway, thanks again, and have a great day!

Follow on Twitter!