28 April 2009

The Soldier Thread - Invite Only Party at Mohawk!

On Sunday evening, my friend Josh accompanied me to an invitation only event hosted by Launch787 at the Mohawk here in Austin! 

It was so great! A few different bands played, but due to:
1. an early day of classes the next morning
2. a nice, long nap started before the show
Josh and I missed the first and last bands.

An amazing band we did see, though was The Soldier Thread!
This band hails from our own Austin, Texas and features so much talent!
Keys (a Rhodes! Hello love!), guitars, bass, drums, and VIOLA! They were so fantastic!
The songs were fun, energetic, beautiful, catchy, everything you want in music! I was happy that I got some great shots despite the not so great lighting!

^^^I love this photo, personally! It's another attempt at split toning, and I hate to sound my own horn, but I think these colours are great! 


^^^another two shots that I just simply adore!

I had so much fun! I hope the band likes the shots I got! Thanks to TST for letting their MySpace friends know about the invites! You all did a great job!

Peace

3 comments:

The Soldier Thread said...

Love the pictures Alyssa. Great job.

Skippy said...

Thanks, guys! You all were so awesome! I'll finish editing the rest and will email you all the photos soon.
Thanks for stopping by!

Jamie Maldonado said...

Definitely good colors! And good job at getting the whole and in some shots. That's surprisingly hard to pull off.

Follow on Twitter!